Here are some simple ways to grow your business in a few easy steps.
1. Are people finding you? Make it easy.
Check your business listings on popular local search sites to make sure they are complete and accurate. The more complete your listing, the more visible you’ll be in search results – attracting more customers. View your report for an aggregated look at your listings’.
2. Listen to your customers
Analyze customer reviews and comments to uncover timely trends that can give you a leg-up on the competition. Truly listen to the comments and find out what your customers like and don’t like. The best market research is gained directly from your customers.
3. Participate in the conversation
Respond to customer reviews to show you care – good or bad. If you don’t have reviews, encourage your customers to share their experience with your business on review sites. A word-of-mouth referral is free advertising.
If you are thinking about starting a business, be sure not to overlook Security and Reputation Management. This is really about building a good name for yourself– particularly online. It is the most effective if it is done from the start, before anyone posts any negative feedback about your company, but triage of negative feedback is definitely possible.
There are several ways it can be done and I’ve included the ways we recommend most:
- Trust Seals – for any new or small/medium business without the large corporation brand recognition, this can be an invaluable resource. It gives legitimacy and protection to you business!
- Blogs – a must have for any business these days!
- Facebook page – also a must have.
- Twitter page – create one and use this! Helps build buzz around your product or service
- Writing articles – a great way to spread information about your industry and become an expert.
- Product reviews – have a professional write these or satisfied customers.